bridge.... again.

leecheewei85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
any comments? felt that MUCH can be done... please guide me... thankz

IMG_0835.jpg

too dark. try a tripod and long exposure or shoot at dusk...

I think it would be better if it were all in focus. Also it's a bit too dark. Maybe if just one person were walking on the bridge would help give the eye somewhere to look. There are a few folks in this shot, but far in the background, so if you had someone up close that might help a bit.

Yep - I agree with Chroix, you should use a tripod and a much longer shutter time, leave the appature relatively closed (f8 or f16) or you'll lose depth of field. I'm guessing, but you'll probably need 20-30s at f16 for this.

I think that unless there's a lot going on behind the bridge that is not visible then there is a bit too much negative space above the bridge.

Oh - one final tim, if you do use a tripod for a long exposure, make sure that the tripod is not in the middle of the span of the bridge - otherwise the tripod and camera will all move (this caught me out on the Millenium bridge in London and wrecked a feew pictures till I remembered) Try to get the shot composed so you can position the tripod near one of the supports of the bridge.

hmm yeah... longer exposure and a tripod. And lower the angle - the dark area on the top is without sense here

agree, too dark, try a lower angle at a different time of the day, it is amazing how shooting at dawn and dusk are so totally different then shooting at day or night

Exactly. I had a play in photoshop with it, you can I think you can improve it quite a lot - mind if I post it to see if you think it's an improvement?

Here's the version I got by a little play in PS - you cuold do much better with it with a little more time and working withthe original.

IMG_0835.jpg

but sorting the depth of field and getting a sharp image (tripod and long shutter time) mean that going back and shooting again is you're best option (if you can)

will be going back but not at that timing now....
perhaps in the early morning or something.... going out there to capture some great shots tomorrow. hope it'll be a great and fulfilling day!~
Peace OUT!~

Most reactions

Back