Bridge

JonathanM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One that I took for the january challenge.

_1140029_edited-1.jpg

ISO 100, 8 secs exposure @ f16, 17mm (17-45mm lens), Olympus E500 Used Elements 4.0 to increase the red saturation in the sunset slightly.

Nice shot. Where is it?

I wasn't able to get out to shoot the footbridge not too far from my house that I wanted to get for the January challenge. I just saw that the winning shot of the December challenge is still up on the home page.

The bridge is commonly known as Runcorn bridge, in Cheshire, england, although IIRC it has an official title of Jubilee bridge.

The arches are actually a bit of an optical illusion, because they actually belong to a railway bridge that runs parralle to the suspension bridge that you see in the shot - it is actually similar in design to Sydney harbour bridge, a single span suspension bridge. Fortunately the angle hid the structure of the railway bridge but added to the composition.

Thanks for the feedback.

JonathanM said:
The bridge is commonly known as Runcorn bridge, in Cheshire, england, although IIRC it has an official title of Jubilee bridge.

The arches are actually a bit of an optical illusion, because they actually belong to a railway bridge that runs parralle to the suspension bridge that you see in the shot - it is actually similar in design to Sydney harbour bridge, a single span suspension bridge. Fortunately the angle hid the structure of the railway bridge but added to the composition.

Thanks for the feedback.

i knew i recognised it!

very nice

The time of day looks "just right" to me: an exposure time was required long enough to make the water look quite smooth, and to make the colours nicely muted and the reflections very soft. I like where the curve of the railway bridge meets its reflection in the water. All is so smooth and quiet...

beautiful sky!
the foreground seems reallly dark and a slight crop off the bottom may improve it as it keeps taking my eye there
thanks for sharing :D

Mansi said:
beautiful sky!
the foreground seems reallly dark and a slight crop off the bottom may improve it as it keeps taking my eye there
thanks for sharing :D

I agre about the need for a crop on this pic, was getting late last night so didn't bother!! But here it is now, just with some of the darkness cut out.

_1140029_edited-2.jpg

Most reactions

Back