Bright lights, lonely night

pauliec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last weekend I was in Atlantic City at the club Casbah. Wanted to get some fresh air around 2am and went out on the roof where everyone was smoking. The roof where I was standing holds the big Casbah neon sign, and overlooks the Boardwalk and the ocean. The sign looked gorgeous, and as I was standing there a lone surrey cart driver was walking down the boardwalk. Great scene, lucky timing. Of course I didn't have my camera, so I whipped out my iphone 4 and cleaned up the shot later in Lightroom. What do you think? Personally, I really like it.

5555113046_cf6e9165e5_z.jpg

I find the image not terribly powerful. The guy in the cart is almost lost, maybe because the color of the top is very similar to the sign, or that it is so low in the frame. I actually found the dude in the far right to pull my eye more than the cart did, and I dont even know if I would have noticed it if you didnt say anything! Colors of the sign are great though. Lots of energy and sound just from the yellows and reds.

I find the image not terribly powerful. The guy in the cart is almost lost, maybe because the color of the top is very similar to the sign, or that it is so low in the frame. I actually found the dude in the far right to pull my eye more than the cart did, and I dont even know if I would have noticed it if you didnt say anything! Colors of the sign are great though. Lots of energy and sound just from the yellows and reds.

Really? Even with all the light bathing the boardwalk and the yellow top on the cart? That's interesting... I wonder if there's anyone else who didn't notice him right away.

I didn't notice him either. My eye goes to the man on the right. If he weren't there, the cart would have more importance. Right now, the two elements are just competing, and the closer of the two is winning. The iPhone takes great photos, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back