Brilliant Sunshine on Newly Fallen Snow - Pinawa, Manitoba

dllb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
There had been very little snow until the end of Dec and then about 14 inches fell overnight. It was no fun shoveling it but with the brilliant sunshine and shadows, it provided plenty of opportunity for pictures.

1. Until around noon, the only things moving were 4 X 4's

PC311185-1.jpg

2. The snow packed in nicely around the base of the trees.

P1011349-1.jpg

3. The sun was quite low so it made for some very long shadows across the snow

PC311217-1a.jpg

4. The stop sign hardly seemed needed. Not much was moving

PC311288-1.jpg

5. The snow was over a foot deep at the base of the trees.

PC311202-1.jpg

6. Some brave souls a little later on in the day.

PC311191-1.jpg

7. More tree bases covered with snow

P1011353-1ad.jpg

8. The mix of the trees, snow and shadows was hard to resist

PC311200-1.jpg

9. These people put their dog to work. The dog was pulling a sleigh with a couple of can's for gasoline - likely for their snowmobile.

PC311298-2.jpg

10. Deer tracks around these trees. It didn't take them long to get out and about

PC311290-1a.jpg

11. These blades of grass somehow managed to poke up through the snow

PC311257-1.jpg

12. Later in the day, the moon rising in the east through the front door.

P1011399-1.jpg

Nice shots. I'm jealous. We haven't really had any picture-worthy snow this winter. In fact, up until about the middle of this month, it was in the sixties. Not very winterlike. Blah. Anyway, awesome pictures. Keep up the good work. :mrgreen:

I miss snow so much. These are wonderful shots. I've been looking at them for 15 minutes, really appreciating your efforts and enjoying the beauty. Thanks for posting these. :)

Very cool! For some reason #3 really stands out to me. Its very appealing even though there is minor noise. Great series!

That was a beautiful series. Loved the commentary. 3, 8 and 11 are my faves

Wow, to be seeing so much snow! :shock:
We don't seem to get any winter here at all, other than the 3-day interlude last week, but that has long been over :roll:

In finding favourites from this lovely series, I totally and completely agree with Jeanne (Antarctican) here: 3, 8 and 11 are my clear favourites, too. With 11 on top, I think. I am a sucker for detail.

(If you are interested, you might find some recent wanna-be winter pics of mine here and here ).

#11 wins it for me

Most reactions

Back