Broken belt buckle and leaf

aperture monologue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When walking home today I saw a really nice sunset. However, my camera was at home, and before I could run inside and get it, the sunset was gone. After being slapped in the face by Mother Nature like this, I decided to take matters into my own hands and take some pictures in the safety of my own home.
I got a belt buckle to do some modeling for me and ventured to the great outdoors in order to get a leaf that would serve as an organic counterpoint to the cold metal.
I took these pctures on my Canon g9 to test its macro capabilities. In my humble opinion the little bugger did quite well for its size. I'd like to be able to get some more control over the dof as the aperture only goes from f2.8 to f8. Other than that, I'm quite happy with it.
Anyway, here are some of the pictures I took. Eight images is a bit much, but you don't have to look at all of them. Infact, you don't really have to look at any of them, but please do so anyway. Critique is always more than welcome.

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

Some technical notes: I didn't diffuse the light, 'cause I don't have a proper diffuser and a piece of paper infront of the lamp made the pictures look dull. Also, the white balance is slightly "wrong" in most pictures, that was done on purpose.

Um....that buckle isn't broken...lol

I was waiting for someone to point that out. "Belt buckle from a broken belt, and a leaf" would've been too long. So, I cut some corners when naming the thread. Sorry if I confused you:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back