Broken Camera...Or Is It?

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I broke my camera, or so I thought. I had left the hotel on Wednesday to take some photos from the bridge of the sunset over the city. We crossed the bridge and I went to take a shot of a turn signal/cross walk signal with the camera on the tripod. I screwed it on and it felt solid so I let go of the camera...and it fell. And bounced. With the lens out. The lens wouldnt go back in and it was crooked. The camera would not take any more shots. I could see what I had so I wasnt scared of losing it but the camera was inoperable. To make it worse it was the day before we were going to the zoo.

Well anyway...after I calmed down and had a few minutes I started to play with it. I played with the lens and after about 10 minutes the lens went back in. Great. But to my surprise the camera worked just like new after that. So I went from wanting to throw the tripod off something tall to having a working camera. The emotions sucked. :(

bad luck, hope it doesnt start playing up on you again.

is the camera a SLR? maybe the camera wasnt functioning because the lens had became dislodged slightly from the body after the fall

JohnMF said:
bad luck, hope it doesnt start playing up on you again.

is the camera a SLR? maybe the camera wasnt functioning because the lens had became dislodged slightly from the body after the fall

No its a point and shoot. As far as I could tell the lens was just off track. Once I popped that back into place it worked fine.

And its broken for good this time. I had gone out to the lake to try and get a shot of the sun going down over the mountains and stopped at a nice looking spot. I couldnt get a good angle so I walked over to a tree and was climbing down, real close to the water, when I fell. I slid down the rocks and barely caught myself before falling into the water. Scratches were all I went home with but my camera is in pretty bad shape. The lens will not shut and I can hear dirt in there. I didnt even get to take a shot:(

This really was the last thing I needed. Crappy day and things were going rough with my gf. I had called a couple of times, leaving one message then leaving a second (different message, was offering to watch our son for the day so she could relax), and thinking her phone was dead I called her moms house. Feeling smothered the last place she wanted to see me was sitting on the side of the road at the lake, which is the only way to get from where she was at and back home. So it looked like I was sitting there waiting for her, which I was not. And I got the dirty pants, scratches on my leg, and broken camera to prove it.

Soul Rebel said:
No its a point and shoot. As far as I could tell the lens was just off track. Once I popped that back into place it worked fine.
Same exact story happened to me...scary, ain't it? Now try it with a borrowed camera!

Ouch.

Right now I am borrowing my moms camera, which is the same as mine. I have been extra careful.

As for the recent break....it sounds like it is offtrack but it also sounds like there is dirt in there so I have not tried putting it back on. Well, tried too hard. It needs to go to a professional.

Most reactions

Back