Broken finger = unbroken 70-200 f/2.8

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So..I had my first fall ever carrying gear. Was shooting buddys sons graduation for him, and I had my 7d decked out with bracket, portrait lens, flash..etc etc etc... and his 7D with his 70-200 f/2.8. His 7D was brand new...naturally.

Long story short, I busted my asssss....hard...going up the stairs to get back into position for the kids exit from stage....and tripped. Down I went....and hard. Instinct happened in the flash of an eye 'cause from the second I felt my foot kick the stair to the time I was laying on the ground yelling "phuck.." really loudly...ooops...somehow I managed to pull the gear in and tuck it all under my arms against my body and fell on it. My ring finger on my left hand protected the lens from impact with concrete. So the lens did not break...but my finger did.

I felt horrible because the reason my buddy lets me borrow gear is that I treat it well. I told him later and showed him (his 7D did get a scratch/crack on it near where the HDMI connection is).

His reply "accidents happen...no biggie...hows my lens?" lol

I was sweating bullets all night trying to assess how he'd take it. Considering the damage to the 7D was only cosmetic and I tested both out thoroughly to make sure, he took it well. Much better than I expected.

to add insult to injury...he said "well...now I might just have to upgrade anyway since you told me how awesome the 5DMIII is.. so that'll just be my other backup camera...how much you gonna charge me to teach me how to use it"

azzhole

lol

I love that old car on your FB. that needs to be large and on metallic paper. Nicely done.

Sorry for you, that's always a worry with me that I'm going to drop my system someday.
Oh well, just as well it was a Canon and not a Nikon #nikonrules ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Hope the finger heals up ok. I almost dropped my iPhone in the toilet yesterday! Managed to catch it but smacked my knuckles on the wall hard while doing so. Not as bad as a broken finger though.

Ouch! Sorry to here that, broken bones hurt. I broke my right ankle 5 months ago slipping on ice on the deck stairs and I went face first down the stairs while my right foot when between the stairs and turned almost backwards and snap. I still have pain and a limp but at least I can drive again.Yahoo!.

Well at your age you are lucky it wasn't your hip!

I scraped my knee too. I'm such a pusssy. lol
Now if you were a pro hockey player,you would have went to the locker room for repairs and back on the ice again for some more shots.:lol:

Meh, body parts heal. Gear doesn't! Good choice.

Totally disagree, especially since my calendar started many years ago. That's why with age, comes wisdom to buy insurance for the gear. You know the old saying?

I don't recover nearly as quick as I used to. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, body parts heal. Gear doesn't! Good choice.

Totally disagree, especially since my calendar started many years ago. That's why with age, comes wisdom to buy insurance for the gear. You know the old saying?

I don't recover nearly as quick as I used to. :(

Ditto!

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back