BROKEN TOKINA 12-24!!?? D=

rom4n301

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i got this lens for like 6 months now and its been working amazingly and i was just comparing the focusing to another lens and i noticed that the front element doesnt move... anyone know what could be the problem or have a salution to the problem.. help is greatly appreciated.. oh and merry christmas

Atlas77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I know its obvious but if you think there is a problem with it just take it into the shop, we cant really see whats wrong through the internet but if someone comes along that has a 12-24 they should be able to help you.

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
i got this lens for like 6 months now and its been working amazingly and i was just comparing the focusing to another lens and i noticed that the front element doesnt move... anyone know what could be the problem or have a salution to the problem.. help is greatly appreciated.. oh and merry christmas
That way, if you have something like a polarizing filter mounted to the front of the lens, focusing won't FU your polarizer setting because the front element rotated 60°.

i got this lens for like 6 months now....
:confused: :thumbdown:

OP
rom4n301

rom4n301

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
the front element is supposed to move when u zoom.. =/ w.e. i just found a waranty card for 3 years.. guess im sending it off.. maybe theyll send me the 12-24 mkII if my lens is messed up enough =D

stumpjumper21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
on the 12-24 (11-16 too) the front element actually slides in and out, not noticable really, becasue the whole front isnt moving.

maybe that explains it a little bit better haha

Most reactions

ClickASnap