Broken...What!!!!

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pulled out my 350 to check out a new accessory...and it's BROKEN!!!

:( :( :( :( :( :(

The dial wheel will only adjust the shutter and aperture to their max number. It won't make any adjustments in the opposite direction. So, if I try and make any exposure adjustments with my 17-85mm...I wind up with 4000 @ f/32...no matter which direction I turn the dial :meh: I tried replacing the battery, CF card, lens and I reset all the camera settings...no luck.

I guess the good news (if you can call it that) is that it's still under warranty :er: I'm sending it off tomorrow. I pulled out my receipt, bought it on September 15, 2005. I've taken over 12,000 shots in 5 months :stun: And did you know that I only started shooting about 2 months before that when I bought my Panasonic FZ5 ;)

I just can't believe how depressing it feels. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. But I feel heartbroken. I work all week, to be able to go out and shoot one day every weekend. I was gonna head back over towards Death Valley Saturday morning. Guess I'll be sleeping in instead :grumpy:

Okay, glad to know I am not the only one. I was going to post about this, but each time I solved it.

This has happened four times (the last time being over the weekend), and each time, the simplest solution for me was to turn it off and leave it for a good 5 min, turn it back on and it works once again. Before my 'big trip' I am planning on sending it off, and if it doesn't come back in time, I know someone who is willing to lend me their 20D. (thank goodness).

I had always assumed that it was due to some bad weather my camera and myself found ourselves in during September, in which the poor thing was sopping wet by the time I got it inside, and the problems didn't occur until after.

I am very sorry to hear you have the same problem with your 350D. Do you know how long it will be in for repair?

It *kind of* happened a couple times before, but it was right after changing lenses. I just shut it off and turned it right back on...fixed. Not this time.

Since it's going to a Canon Service Center, they say turn around is approximately 7 days after the day they receive it? We'll see :er: But a good thing, is that the CSC is only in Irvine, CA...about 150 miles away. So actual transit time is short.

JonMikal said:
*cough* Nikon *cough*
:soapbox:

Actually...I'm not partial to Canon. I bought Canon because...I bought Canon ;)
I read lots of good reviews about the XT and the D50 wasn't out yet. I think it came out a couple weeks later though? If upgrading lenses and accessories wasn't so expensive I would try Nikon on the next go around. Actually, I would like a D200 :thumbup:

I am kinda p'd off about this though. I realize that's a lot of shots, but you would expect something else to go wrong...like with the mirror or something delicate? Not a darn adjustment wheel :confused:

Bummer, hey maybe when you get it back you could write to them saying that you missed out on a paid job because of the camera fault!.... They may send you gift vouchers or summin!..... could be worth a try ;)

OMG that's real bad news Woodsac. :( What am I going to look at now? Can I borrow your cloud machine for a while then? :lol: Hope they fix it up real soon.

:hugs: Bless your heart, Woodsac!

I'll trade ya my D50 for a week ... if you'll let me Davon sit for a week!

(did I spell his name right?!)

that sucks, i'm sorry for your loss... ;) i feel for ya, i had to send my elan to a CSC a few years ago, because the latch broke on the film cover/door... it was the longest 2 - 3 weeks of my life... i hope they get it back to you FAST.

Two to three weeks seems like forrrrreevvvvvvver!!!!!

It's Davin, Nicole ;) And I'm sure he'd love to have you sit :D

:blushing: sorry, woodsac ... :blushing: I was too lazy to run over to snaps and look it up ... :blushing: forgive me! :blushing:

But I'll meet ya half way and we'll make the trade!

(that boy likes grits, don't he?!)

woodsac said:
Two to three weeks seems like forrrrreevvvvvvver!!!!!

It's Davin, Nicole ;) And I'm sure he'd love to have you sit :D

takes about 5 weeks in the UK unless your are a CPS member

Most reactions

New Topics

Back