Bromoil...attempt(s) #2

sillyphaunt said:
Ahh.. Art festival is a great idea! We have an arts and crafts fair here every year, all you have to do is pay $30 for a booth. Its not until August so I would have time to prepare.

I was also thinking about approaching a few of the local coffeehouses and seeing if they would let me put some of my photos up with my card and/or a price on it. I figure it would fit the decor of a coffeehouse the best, and if nothing else will be on display. Have you ever tried anything like that?
Nah. Not the coffeehouse thing. That involves me having to hustle my stuff to someone, and I'm not into that. I like festivals because they're passive, I suppose. They're juried, meaning you have to pass muster of a committee, but once you're in, you can enjoy yourself and just chat with folks who enter your booth. I've had the coolest conversations about art, photography, you name it, from people who attend these festivals. And when there is a mad little rush and you're selling away, it's a wonderful feeling. But I didn't have to do anything extra aside from being there. ;) It's a fault, I'm not outgoing enough in these situations. :blushing:

i think i like them both - first one for the mood the sky gives to it, and second one for the details - great pics as always, terri-:)

Thanks, Anja! :)

Kelvin, a bromoil print starts out as a regular silver gelatin print, which has been bleached (similar process to bleaching before sepia toning, if you've ever done that), but in this instance the silver is virtually removed from the print. The image is brought back using lithographic inks, applied in various ways. I'm glad you like them!

ooook
I was wondering in the other thread about the way you took to get these images, and now i think i figure out. Thank youuuuuuuuu! And well done

No problem. :D I'll try to answer any other question you have about the process; it involves a few steps along the way. Thanks for all your kind words!

Terri I love these. This tree is one of my favorite subjects of yours.:heart: Need get in this area more

Jeff Canes said:
Terri I love these. This tree is one of my favorite subjects of yours.:heart: Need get in this area more
I'm so glad you like it! :) This is majorly fun process, Jeff.... you have been warned. ;)

terri said:
Thanks, Anja! :)

Kelvin, a bromoil print starts out as a regular silver gelatin print, which has been bleached (similar process to bleaching before sepia toning, if you've ever done that), but in this instance the silver is virtually removed from the print. The image is brought back using lithographic inks, applied in various ways. I'm glad you like them!

I STILL don't understand what it is, but whatever it is, it sure looks fantastic!!! :hail:

Thanks for the link Ferny. Man, that is toooooo cool! I don't think I would have the patience for it. And it goes without saying that I've never stepped inside a darkroom in my life and have no idea what all that stuff is. But man, is it ever cool looking:thumbup:

Wow! Thanks for the kind words, Cindy! :D It definitely takes some practice, but I'm really enjoying myself these days. I'm a very hands-on person, I love the darkroom, the chemicals, the inks, feeling the brushes....:blushing: uh, okay, 'nuff said, I accept being a freak.

That terri, she's a clever bird, 'er.
And this marks the first time an Englishman has called me a bird. :cheer: It's a banner day, it is.

Just a little further tooting of Terri's horn.... the scans do NOT do this stuff justice! At all!!! While I haven't seen these particular prints in person, I bought the Airplane, Daisy and Rock City prints she posted in another thread from her for our house. They are AWESOME!!! She matted them in white, I put them in black frames and OMG - are they stunning!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

If there is any one thing that gets you interested in "alt techniques", this should be it.

Most reactions

Back