bromoil reject! Handcolored instead

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:lol: Like the title says - I shot this image while en route to the Kodachrome Basin, thinking at the time it would eventually be a good candidate to become a bromoil print. Once I made the enlargement, I decided it was just too busy and set it aside.

This weekend, on a whim, I broke out some photo oil pencils and hand colored it instead. It's still kind of a busy image, but I think it works better with some of the desert's muted colors in there. :)

584-outsideKodachromeBasin.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thank you! I hate throwing prints away, so I always try to figure out some way to salvage them. :lol: And this area was sooooo gorgeous; I wanted to capture it somehow.

I forgot to mention I shot this with HIE, which is always fun to hand color.

Stay tuned, Dirt; there will be a little something from me about the art of traditional hand coloring in the not-too-distant future. :mrgreen:

mysteryscribe said:
Nice picture, very well done. But there is no smell of turpintine
:mrgreen: Marshall's Prepared Medium Solution was not applied here.

This was my first time hand coloring on a Kentmere paper (either Art Classic or Document) and I used all oil pencils here.

Thanks! :)

Wow. :shock:

This would look great blown up like the other one. Maybe one day I will have enough money? :mrgreen:

I think this one is stunning. :)

:hail::hail::hail:WOW! WOW! WOW! I like this one a lot and it has a nice old time look too:hail::hail::hail:

Jeff Canes said:
:hail::hail::hail:WOW! WOW! WOW! I like this one a lot and it has a nice old time look too:hail::hail::hail:
:blushing: Thanks so much, Jeff! :hug::

I really appreciate the kind words, everyone. Considering I had regarded this image as a throwaway, you've made me feel much better about it! :lol:

It is busy, and it would be difficult to make it work in straight BW, but I think with your handcoloring it looks good.

Most reactions

Back