Bronica Etrs shutter problem

Shutter speed of 1/8 is pretty slow, I've had older cameras not fire the shutter accurately at slow settings or bulb but work with faster speeds. Do you think it could be stuck/still firing at the slow speed? Can you get an idea by listening to it if it's slowish or fast when it releases? I'm not familiar with your particular camera or if there would be a way to get it working again at a faster speed.

Bronica ETR/SQ cameras use leaf shutter lenses, not in-body focal plane shutters. Any chance the OP can get hold of another lens to determine if it's a lens or body issue?

There's nothing inherently delicate about Bronica lenses. You may simply have one that was worked nearly to death in a former life.

so I need to buy a new one since that's most likely why my camera isn't working properly
I am afraid that's the case. ETR cameras were used by wedding photographers, it was a good system with lower price than Hassy, so there is possibility of overuse. Everything lasts only so much. If you decide to get new lens go for PE lenses - the last series built by Bronica and with the best, computer designed optics. I am pretty sure the lens you own right now has problem with "feeding" the electromagnets controlling the speed with electricity. Simple lack of connectivity. Get PE lens.

I am afraid that's the case. ETR cameras were used by wedding photographers, it was a good system with lower price than Hassy, so there is possibility of overuse. Everything lasts only so much. If you decide to get new lens go for PE lenses - the last series built by Bronica and with the best, computer designed optics. I am pretty sure the lens you own right now has problem with "feeding" the electromagnets controlling the speed with electricity. Simple lack of connectivity. Get PE lens.

Thanks for the advice

XitzpatX, did you ever figure out what was wrong with the meter? I have a Bronica ETRsi with, I think, the same issue. The internal meter was working for weeks after I received my almost unused camera. All of a sudden the meter is giving only one reading: flashing most strongly at 1/4 of a second regardless of how much light is coming through the lens. The red arrow seems to be indicating whether there is too much/little light, but I can't figure out why the meter appears to be stuck on a reading of 1/4 instead of offering an accurate reading. I have three lenses in like-new condition and all of them have the same issue. The battery is new and the indicator says it is charged.

As this thread is over four years old, and the OP hasn't visited the 'site in two, I suspect your chances of a reply are slim. I would suggest starting a new thread to discuss your issue in the appropriate forum.

If the meter behaves the same with all your lenses, it is probably a meter or body problem.

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back