Bronica ETRS

nagoshua

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got myself a bronica ETRS, i just have a couple of questions of metering the pics. I dont have an ambient light meter as of yet, just wondering if i can use my 30D or my EOS 3 to meter the light until i buy this, will these meter correctly fpr that camera? or will i have problems?

If you have your EOS 3 set to the same film speed that is in the ETRS I assume you should be fine, but I have never shot a medium-format SLR so I don't know for sure.

That's exactly what I did when I got my first ETRSi, and it worked well enough. As Battou said, just set the ISO on your 30D/Eos to match the speed of the film in the Bronica.

I have to say that I got very bored with this very quickly and couldn't wait to buy a handheld meter.

That's exactly what I did when I got my first ETRSi, and it worked well enough. As Battou said, just set the ISO on your 30D/Eos to match the speed of the film in the Bronica.

I have to say that I got very bored with this very quickly and couldn't wait to buy a handheld meter.

I can imagine lol! I asked the guy in the camera shop if this would work (i assumed it would) and he said it would with the film camera but not the 30D, something due to film ISOs being different (he said some digital cams you can set to ASA iso, dont have a clue what this means)

I hate film camera (well i dont, im falling in love) theyre just so much more different to what i expected, plus coming from digital im scared to shoot off a frame lol!

Use the EOS camera, and as long as the film speed, shutter speed, and aperature are the same, you should be fine.

Light is light, so F11 is still F11.

Have fun shooting Medium Format, I'm sure you wont be dissapointed with the results.

Most reactions

Back