Brooke

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
XT2, 50-140 2.8, gold reflector, XT2 fill flash. My goal was to force a little golden hour, sharp eyes, warm tone overall. I didn't do much editing, I am very weak in this area. Pretty much out of camera except for a slight bump to bring a couple small blown highlight bits down. Healed a small amount of acne. Slight vignette. Whitened teeth a tad. Open for suggestions on continous improvement.

DSCF6499-E.jpg

I like it! Nice shot.

Thanks qmr! I hope to get some tips on improvement moving forward. This type of photography is not my cup of tea so I lean on basic understandings and try to produce a good render.

Nice shot of a lovely young lady JC. The pose seems to work well for her as she comes off very natural, not forced. I'm not sure on the golden hour, as on my monitor the greens might need to be dropped some. It may be a little soft around the eyes, but that may be the resolution. Only other comment I'd like to see a little more light into the eyes. All in all though a respectable shot!

nice shot, I agree with smoke665 and would only add, it would be good to lose the seat, pic top right, as it pulls my eyes away from the model

Although it's only a 76mb image I had a go at opening and brightening/sharpening her eyes just a little in Portrait Pro. For post work on people I find it a very useful piece of kit if used gently. :)

After is on the right, I could have done a little more but didn't want to risk over doing it.

Eyesopened.jpg

Thanks. The eyes are tack sharp on my monitor but don't look so much on this upload.... Strange. The bridge should be cloned out, I left in there because there are 17 in the park and thought maybe it would apply. Thanks for the tips.

Regarding the portrait pro application her head (after) seems ever so slightly compressed compared to the original. I have noticed this on my own photos when I've used it. Overall very nice but the one thing that distracts me is not the chair in the background but the part of the chair she is sitting in that occupies the bottom right hand corner. Maybe a crop that trims it off.

The eyes are tack sharp on my monitor but don't look so much on this upload.... Strange.

You might want to increase the size and quality of your image when you post especially on portraits. 77 kb is a pretty small image. Also, it's helpful to know the EXIF data when commenting.

Thanks. The eyes are tack sharp on my monitor but don't look so much on this upload.... Strange.
No, they won't, not really enough pixels in a 76kb image to work with. (By the way, I didn't say it but I only work on images I like.)

Regarding the portrait pro application her head (after) seems ever so slightly compressed compared to the original. I have noticed this on my own photos when I've used it....
Hmmmm... personally I don't see it (although I suspect my eyes are older than yours). Do you make sure to revert to the original image and that it's not applying default settings?

I do. But could be my eyes not yours

I think this is a lovely photo. If i was to be ulta picky I would say that the knee is a little distracting. It's the only blue element in the shot, and takes the viewers eye away from that beautiful smile. I'd love to see the same scence 1hr before sunset :)

XT2, 50-140 2.8, gold reflector, XT2 fill flash. My goal was to force a little golden hour, sharp eyes, warm tone overall. I didn't do much editing, I am very weak in this area. Pretty much out of camera except for a slight bump to bring a couple small blown highlight bits down. Healed a small amount of acne. Slight vignette. Whitened teeth a tad. Open for suggestions on continous improvement.

View attachment 144830
Very nice!!

Most reactions

Back