Brooklyn Night Traffic (BQE)

djportalatin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.danieljportalatin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last night was foggy so I had to find shots that didn't include the fog that was covering building tops in the city (of course I took a few of those lol). This, known is the BQE, is n ever-busy highway located right off the Brooklyn bridge and ultimately connects Brooklyn & Queens. Hope you enjoy!

Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE) @ Night by Daniel Portalatin Photography, on Flickr

Nice light trails. Not sure about the building on the left, it's quite ugly and doesn't really add to the picture but there probably isn't much you could have done about that. You must have been using quite a long exposure, 10, 15 seconds?

Nice light trails. Not sure about the building on the left, it's quite ugly and doesn't really add to the picture but there probably isn't much you could have done about that. You must have been using quite a long exposure, 10, 15 seconds?

Thanks. Yeah, I used between 15-20 second exposure. I had to take several shots due to be trucks driving through and messing up the light streaks lol

the building on the left looks great in the image. It's not ugly it's actually the only structured shape in the image of flowing roads and lights. The trees offer no foundation of structure but the building on the left does. For this shot it adds to the photograph.

Excellent.

daarksun said:
the building on the left looks great in the image. It's not ugly it's actually the only structured shape in the image of flowing roads and lights. The trees offer no foundation of structure but the building on the left does. For this shot it adds to the photograph.

Excellent.

I appreciate the insight. Thanks!

I like the layers, it gives it a unique feeling for a light trail shot.

The light streaks on the bottom road are a bit blown. It's pretty hard to get an even exposure without manually blending in a situation like this.

Rotanimod said:
I like the layers, it gives it a unique feeling for a light trail shot.

The light streaks on the bottom road are a bit blown. It's pretty hard to get an even exposure without manually blending in a situation like this.

Thanks. You are right, it's very difficult to get an even exposure in this type shot. I had to do some post production work for sure.

Most reactions

Back