Brothers

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I got some unusally candid shots of my grandkids. The youngest (inside) wanted to ride with me to take the older to kindergarten. He had stopped crying at this point but was very sad. To be honest I'm not sure whether the older was teasing him or reassuring him as he will do both within 30 seconds. It does look like commiseration here though. Any suggestions on this are welcome. I've tried quite a few crops and approaches and I just don't think I know how to handle this one.

DSC00472re650.jpg

I think it captures a TON of emotion, but there are a few things that throw me off...

- The angle is pretty high and doesn't get a great view of either kid.

- The kid inside's hair is lost by the reflection in the window--I thought the kid was wearing some kind of leafy crown at first.

- I think being in color might be slowing this one down a bit as well...b&w (or even sepia) might really set this off better.

I second Shark's comments....there is great emotion here, and I love the window separating them.....but can we tone down that reflection over his head? I like the reflections, but it's making his head disappear.

Nice capture!

Thanks, good advice. I may see if I can make the reflections less distracting. I managed to snap about five pics before they became aware of me which of course ruined any further opportunity.

I did try B&W first, that's what I intended when I was taking the pics actually. It just didn't turn out well in B&W, I may try it in some monochrome or sepia.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back