SashaT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One from a recent trip.

DSC_2942_zpsa8de3603.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely trout portrait! I like to fish. I've seen a few of your fish shots--some pretty decent stuff.

He said "Brown Trout" lol...

Yes a brown trout (Salmo trutta) like this other one I caught. :sexywink:

796a3e5e.jpg

As opposed to me with this rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) gave the camera to my friend for this one.

d6597dbd.jpg

Lovely trout portrait! I like to fish. I've seen a few of your fish shots--some pretty decent stuff.

Thanks! I am trying to improve all the time. I am open to all forms of feedback as I view it as constructive and will help me develop more with my hobby.

What river are you fishing?...That rainbow is beautiful....I love fishing but I swear I never catch anything.......EVER!!!!....lol

I'm officially jealous! I'm hoping to have some good largemouth bass pics to share in the near future though.

mmm, look yummy

What river are you fishing?...That rainbow is beautiful....I love fishing but I swear I never catch anything.......EVER!!!!....lol

It is a river that is only about an hour and ten minutes from my house; I do fish all over though. I remember when I started out fly fishing, I would get skunked often. These days (not counting steelhead and chinook) I never get skunked. Like anything else there is a learning curve, once one become proficient it can be rather enjoyable. If you want to know the specific river, I'll PM you the info. I am kind of funny about posting info like that on public forums.

I'm officially jealous! I'm hoping to have some good largemouth bass pics to share in the near future though.

Nice, can't wait to see them!

Nice looking trout.. I fish for bigger things out here in CT.. Striped Bass and big ol nasty bluefish.. Good times. How ya liking the D7100?

Nice looking trout.. I fish for bigger things out here in CT.. Striped Bass and big ol nasty bluefish.. Good times. How ya liking the D7100?

Im liking the 7100 quite a lot more than my old 3000. I really want to get out on the water with it and get some fishing/nature shots with it as I have not been out since getting it.

I do catch larger freshwater fish here but when I am solo it can be a real pain in the ass to try to get shots of them. Granted the fresh water fish here are not as big as stripers out there... For example here is a nice 34" wild steelhead caught out of the Salmon river. I set my 10' 7wt rod (that I landed her with) next to her for a size reference. I have caught some nice Chinook out here that were bigger then all of these; however, I didn't have my camera with me so as the saying goes "pics or it didn't happen" :lol:

1ad1728a.jpg

She was bigger than these two that I got; my friend took these with his P&S.

aab8344a.jpg

a3bad8b7.jpg

Most reactions

Back