Brownie/Polaroid mod?

Proteus617

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Early morning brainstorming: $170.00 for a Holgaroid (body+back) is just crazy, but I just might want one.

Polaroid packfilm has just about the same image size as 120 (?).
An old Kodak smaller than 120 has a low-fi lens that will vignette nicely with a packfilm back.
Mounting the back will most likely increase the distance to the film plane.

So...I'm looking for a cheap old folding Kodak that has the following features:

Film size smaller than 120
Ball-bearing shutter with good variety of speeds
A lens that zone-focuses via the distance scale on the bed (as opposed to fixed focus or front cell focus)...this will make it easier to adjust the focus when a new back is fitted on.

Problems:

All of the small Kodaks I've looked at are either fixed focus or front cell focused and have very simple shutters, eg; the vest pockets and bantams. I'm looking for something like a small autographic and I'm not sure it exists. Any ideas?

also, be aware Polariod film is going away and unless you can use fuji film in tht back your out of luck.

Won't something like a Brownie 1 work? Mine's 120 and is adjustable focus. Isn't it? I guess I haven't looked at it in a long time. Maybe it's a fixed focus.

If Charlie is still around he can give you some points. He's well-known for butchering cameras to put a Polaroid back on it. That's why he couldn't be trusted with Leicas or Hasselblads! :lol:

Neal- A Brownie 1 would work, but I want a lens that fails to cover 120. I'm hoping for some Holga style vignetting. After spending some time with old Kodak catalogues I think I'm looking for a Vest Pocket Series III. 127 film, the lens focuses via a worm gear on the bed. Now to find a cheap one with the right shutter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back