Brr days are shorter and colder in CT

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I had today off and bundled up and went out and did some shooting. I wanted to shoot with the 2x TC on the Sigma 120-300 to see how it would work out. My conclusion is it is a pretty fine 600mm F8... Comments welcome

Hard to believe there are still a few Osprey here when the temps are in the low 40's
1 Fall Osprey 2 by krisinct, on Flickr

2 Hermit Thrush

Hermit Thrush Portrait 2x by krisinct, on Flickr

3 Killdeer. These plovers are hanging out in the fields at the state park I was at..

Killdeer Plover by krisinct, on Flickr

4 Oops took off to close and I forgot I can zoom if I need to... maybe next time...

Snowy Egret Liftoff by krisinct, on Flickr

Wow, this is a good-looking batch of images. 1,2,and 3 are all very solid.

Someday I'll have photos HALF that good :)

Very nice, Im in Southbury. Have you ever been to the Autobahn center?

Thanks Derrel, Astro and Ron..

Very nice, Im in Southbury. Have you ever been to the Autobahn center?
Thank you!
I normally don't get that far north. Old Saybrook and the shoreline has so many cool species I tend to stay down here. I do have a VW maybe I should take it for a ride at the Autobahn center :) Oh wait I just realized you meant Audubon :) j/k

These are nice! The first one I think is particularly beautifully done. I don't do wildlife so I admire it done well.

These are seriously good! specially like no.1, impressive claws!

Nice shots.
What 2x TC are you using? (I'm not even sure if you can use any other than Sigma so this might be a stupid question, but I'm asking it anyway. :p)
I might get myself one, the quality on this still looks pretty good to me.

Thanks everyone!
Nice shots.
What 2x TC are you using? (I'm not even sure if you can use any other than Sigma so this might be a stupid question, but I'm asking it anyway. :p)
I might get myself one, the quality on this still looks pretty good to me.
Yes indeed it is the Sigma 2x DG. They are pretty common used for about 1/2 the price of new. I will probably only use it on songbirds, but it does work pretty well, especially after a touch of fine tune...

Very nice...and talk about cold-Im up in New Hampshire and it has gotten cold FAST

Most reactions

New Topics

Back