Brush with celebrity.

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so last night I played in the back up orchestra for Il Divo, for an outdoor concert here in Phoenix. The 4 singers were ok, their voices were quite good. But the main event for me was meeting and chatting with Gary Wallis. This guy is the Pink Floyd drummer/percussionist in the post-Waters era. He was also the Music Director for last night's show. Quite a nice and unassuming gentleman!

And wouldn't you know it... I didn't have a camera with me. Except for the crappy one on my cell phone. So I snapped a pic next to the guy. :D I will post it once I figure how to d'load it. (any advice?)

my aunty loves Il Divo :D

you could use bluetooth if your phone and computer have it. Or you could email it to yourself.

my mom loves Il divo...... good gig for you huh..... ;)

Archangel said:
my mom loves Il divo...... good gig for you huh..... ;)

It was ok, I'm not much of a popsy style ("popera" as they call it) lover but I have to give it to them, the show was good, voices were good also. Best in the show though were the lead guitarist and of course Gary Wallis on drums.

It was a 'no-pain' experience, show up for a 2 hour rehearsal, go have dinner and a beer, come back and do the 80 minute show. Paid well too.

How cool! :D

Figure out your tech-trauma; I want to see the picture! :lol: Sounds like it was a fun gig.

Haha...when I started reading about this, and you working with those people...I kept thinking about your clay aiken post, and the avatar you had for a while. :lol:

terri said:
How cool! :D

Figure out your tech-trauma; I want to see the picture! :lol: Sounds like it was a fun gig.

Yeah Terri, it was fun. And I figured out how to get the pic from my cell phone (thanks hobbes!!). Here it is, sorry for the cr**py quality, the person who took it was also shaking.

GaryWallisWeb.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back