Bug - C&C

mikeWest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I happened to see this guy while walking in the park, snaped the shot and liked it. Want some feedback. I was using a 50mm lens and not a macro lens. I know very little about macro.
$IMG_1497.jpg

The subject is really interesting.
It is underexposed, though. It appears to be natural light. Would explain the slight fuzziness.

The background is nicely out of focus.
You can probably save this in post processing. Bump up the exposure a bit. give it a dash of contrast and a tad of saturation.

I'd do it as an example but I don't have PS at work :(

^ what he said! But I do have PS at work... lightened it up a bit, and did a vertical crop to emphasize the subject. Nice shot.. but DOF was too shallow. Top of bug is sharp.. bottom half is OOF!

$IMG_1497.jpg

There you go!
Could still use a tad of a punch of saturation, methinks, to accentuate the yellow a bit more. but that's me.

Thanks all for the feedback. So I went back to the RAW image, bumped up the exposure as many of you said, added saturation and contrast and stole Charlie's crop (btw, that edit looks awesome Charlie) here's what my attempt looks like.$IMG_1497-1.jpg

Thanks for the tips! It was great to play with saturation and contrast too. I've also noticed that a lot of my images come out under-exposed. I'll be more careful about that in the future.

Most reactions

Back