Building a website, need help!

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

So I want to build a website to go along with my new business. What is the best hosting site that helps you build the website if you don't know how to do HTML stuff?

I looked at GoDaddy.com and they seem pretty cheap, what do you all use?

I used "wix.com" to build my website. They offer an option to host it for you after you've done your designing, and to purchase a domain through their provider. I went the other route and just used their design program, and embedded the html into my own server.. but if you're looking for something more simple, it could be a good route to take. :)

Check out fatcow.com

I didn't build my site there, but they host it. Their prices are reasonable and their support (very important) is outstanding.

I used "wix.com" to build my website. They offer an option to host it for you after you've done your designing, and to purchase a domain through their provider. I went the other route and just used their design program, and embedded the html into my own server.. but if you're looking for something more simple, it could be a good route to take. :)

Wow this site is killer! I love it!

If you don't know how to code, buy your domain (I used ICDSoft.com) and use SmugMug. I used Smugmug only for my kids gymnastic stuff, which is password protected.

Thanks for the input guys! I wish more domain place would offer per month payment instead of a year all at once. :) The website is coming out great though!

I use hostgator. They are having a spring deal, and their "hatchling" package is less that $8/month right now, and they have the option to bill you monthly, every few months, or all at one time. I went with the monthly billing option.

They have reputable customer service, and the biggest selling point for me is that the company is 100% green and run completely on wind energy.

Wow this site is killer! I love it!

Thank you! :) I really like using the wix builder, you can do so many things with it, even if you're not terribly html or flash savvy.

I was in the same boat as you. I got my domain from godaddy. I have hostgator to host it per another members suggestion. Honestly i dont like the typical iWeb website. and there are video's on youtube to help and show you how to build websites using iWeb. And you woudl be really amazed at the site created using iWeb. You can even google " Best iWeb websites". I never thought it was possible to do that using iWeb. I am in the process of building mine in Iweb.

Teach yourself basic HTML - there are only about a dozen tags you need to know, and you save yourself a LOT of time, effort and money!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back