Building of Gold

CanadianMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Head Office of the Royal Bank of Canada. Each pane of Glass is sheeted in real gold.

2333639763_95a845bfef_b.jpg

Hah, nice.. I wonder how much gold was actually used.. Hmm...

*edit*
Good old wiki... Just incase anyone else was curious..

"The exteriors of the structures are largely covered with glass; together they have more than 14,000 windows. Each of these windows is coated with a layer of 24 karat (100%) gold. At a cost of about $70 per window, the total value of gold in the windows is over $1,000,000 but, due to the manufacturing technique used to make the glass, the gold is unrecoverable. The gold gives the windows a distinctive colour. Gold was used as an insulator to reduce heating costs."

Hah, nice.. I wonder how much gold was actually used.. Hmm...

*edit*
Good old wiki... Just incase anyone else was curious..

"The exteriors of the structures are largely covered with glass; together they have more than 14,000 windows. Each of these windows is coated with a layer of 24 karat (100%) gold. At a cost of about $70 per window, the total value of gold in the windows is over $1,000,000 but, due to the manufacturing technique used to make the glass, the gold is unrecoverable. The gold gives the windows a distinctive colour. Gold was used as an insulator to reduce heating costs."

Thanks ......

Great capture, works well. :)

Shame the other building is sneaking in on the right hand side.

Wow, awesome shot!

Can you explain any post processing you did? It almost looks like HDR!

It looked pretty much the same but was slightly over exposed and lacked vibrancy so just did those two adjustments and I got this. Its a funny building to shoot, the way the sun and sky reflects off it make a huge difference on what colour the building appears. A few minutes earlier it was overcast and looked nothing like it did in that shot. So far the only program I am using for my photos is Aperture and I use it for exposure and some vibrancy correction usually.

I love pictures that have a story behind them. Good capture!

Great composition, great color, great shot! I want to say somewhere in my files I have a couple pictures of this building from various trips to Toronto. BTW Toronto is a gorgeous city, I cant wait to get back up there again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back