Building Shots

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went into town today and took my camera, I took a few shots of buildings these three turned out well I think.

building1.jpg

arches.jpg

building2.jpg

High Contrast level on this one.

I really like the second, the lines in it are great, and you've got a nice amount of contrast. It's slightly tilted but you could straighten er up in PS no problem :)

No. 2 and no. 3. The perspective is great in no. 2 and your BW tones are nicely gradated; really well exposed.
The 3rd one is a little contrasty but I like that you're still holdong detail in the sky and it's a beautiful building.
The first one would have benefited from being there at a different time of day IMO> the shadows across it are somewhat distracting.

Yeah, I tried before to straighten but I did it slightly rushed. I need to go into the 0.x degrees to get it right. Thanks :)

yes i think they have turned out well too! love #2 and the b&w conversion works well, good work daniel.

i really like the perspective on the first and second one but i personally think they could have both been a bit underexposed. doing so would bring out some of the detail that got washed out in the sunlit areas and if it was only underexposed 1/3 or 1/2 a stop i think the detail in the shadow would still come out just as clear.
i just would like to see more brink detaling that i think got washed out.
but i really love that second shot. great perspective

thanks for the replies dalebe, JonK, fightheheathens, twohaches and erniehatt.

fightheheathens; I don't think my camera is good enough to change the exposure :blushing: Is there anything that can be done post taking in photoshop?

nice captures in all. the last building looks like an interesting place to shoot. well done.

Great shots.. I really like Number 2 best.

love two and three alot....two makes me think of a jonmikal shot...if i see long hallways or arches together, i always think jonmikal...so a shot like his is a compliment..

the third one is so gothic looking... love it..

Most reactions

Back