TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
chicken impression.
:lol: :lol:

sorry.

BOOKS

Was just wondering if anyone could recommend any books that are helpful in learning photography...? I learnt a whole mess of stuff at art college but since then, doing other things have made me forget most of it... kinda like homer simpson.. if i learn something new, it pushes something else out.. so i'm wanting to get 'back to basics' (to quote a famous english idiot once) and start from scratch again... This site is helping a great deal but obviously i can't be on here all the time..

any recommendations appreciated :) 8)

Kodak's Joy of Photography seem to be recommended quite often.

The National Geographic Field Guide to Taking Better Pictures...if I could only have one book, this one would be it.

If you're interested in close-up nature photography, John Shaw's book about this is really good. It also has a lot of info on metering and what not. I flipped through it a while back at B&N. Of course i may be sort of biased towards this guy in the first place, he taught physics at my high school. That is one jump I'll never understand, photograph to physics teacher

Going to ressurect this topic.
I already got one book coming from the course I am taking, but it hasnt got here yet and I dont know its title in English...
But I am looking into these books as well.2 of them are ksmattfish's suggestions in this and other posts

Photographing People: Portraits Fashion Glamour by David Wilson
Black & White Photography: A Basic Manual by Henry Horestein
Beyond Basic Photography : A Technical Manual by Henry Horestein
Processing and Printing by Julien Busselle
The Zone System for 35MM Photographers: A Basic Guide to Exposure Control. 2nd edition by Carson Graves

Have u guys seen these?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back