bullet

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this today, I've started taking some still life stuff, I'm finding it really interestin to try and find good angles. I also am a real fan of lighting in photography and film.

I'd like critique on the composition of this shot and the lighting. I may reshoot this, I was in a strict margin where the sun light was shining at the right and and before it went below some houses.

bullet5ab.jpg

ooh, well. i think the light is harsh. and i don't like the ray that goes all along it and is pure white. you probably could get rid of it by using the dodge option in photoshop but i think reshooting would be best. you could try using a diffuser (and i mean a diy one, like a napkin or so) to make sure the light is less harsh when it reaches the bullet.

i'd also like the shape of the shadow to be thicker, to give it more definition but i don't know if that could be done. but as the light is could probably be redone maybe later in the evening and from a higher point if you say the sun goes into a building after this :D

also i would want two more things:
1. a tighter crop, and i know you'd loose the light but maybe try,,,
2. more detail on the bullet, like making a macro maybe, or the classical shot with the butt of the bullet

that's it.

Wish the table went on further. There is a distraction on the upper right corner, but I love the 1930s lighting. Always a fan of your work, Daniel.:wink:

Thanks for the advice eydryan. Thanks alot elsaspet. Yeah, I wish I had a more photography friendly house, I do alot of makeshifting. If only I had a free studio :D

i have a house i could use as a studio, it belonged to my grandmother uite a medium house, very nice, about max 30mins from my oplace but do you think i get to go there? nope, no time... :( i also found something amazing one day in town. there is this mall which has some open space on the top floor. there are some sort of cubicles 5*2-3 metres and they're white. and i have found the perfect studio, it's original, it's in the centre and well it's very good lighting :D (there is a window on the 5 m side). it is probably illegal but i risk nothing if i'm caught, maybe at most a warning... :D of course, the work i do isn't pro... nor do i get any money from it, but just for nothing the place is excellent. so you see, all you have to do is just scout around town and you'll find a place.

and you're welcome for the comments :lol:

Most reactions

Back