Bumble Bee

stevewalton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.waltonimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, an image of a bumble bee feeding on a Buddleia globossa flower in my garden. Nikon D70, sigma 70-300mm zoom macro lens.

photo_090.jpg

A real stunner! Beautiful colours and neat background. Even the background colour complements the main subject.

This is beautiful. The color and composition are perfect!
Cant wait for spring when I can take pictures of something other than frost and snow :)

This picture would be a great desktop background, it'd help cure some of the winter blues (I wont save it. dont worry)

Great shot! Color and comp are right on. The image seems a bit noisy around the bees head and the background but it's really nice work. That could also just be the resolution.

Wow. A photo to kill the winter blues!
Thank you for all the lovely greens and yellows, these warm, fresh colours that I love so!
And the bumble bee, of course, who I found were harder to photograph than real bees, they move ever so much faster! Plump body or not, bzzz to one flower, bzzz to the next, bzzz to the next after that ... I rarely had time to adjust my focus by the time they were gone feeding somewhere else.

Therefore: congratulations on your razor sharp focus, your absolutely perfect DOF and lovely bokeh.

Maybe you had more time to focus because it only went from one little flower on this "ball of flowers" step by step instead of flying from one fruit tree blossom to the next !?

I think the cute sensor in my head just exploded.

Wook at deh fuzzy bumbahbee!!

So beautiful and I love the bright, delicious colors.

Thankyou for all your kind comments. I find it difficult to get very sharp images of fast moving insects like the bumble bee. You need a fast shutter speed to prevent blurring due to motion, and so you open up the lens aperture which limits your depth of field. Still, if you take lots of shots you usually get a few which are reasonably well framed and sharp !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back