Bummed!

mommyphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a photo shoot today with a friend and her son,4yrs. He would NOT listen to direction! I have a 3 1/2 yr old and he does really well, but this boy wouldn't listen to anything me or his mom said. I felt like screaming! Feel like I don't have a single good pic of the boy. So disappointed. We're going to try again another day, hopefully it will be better. Just had to vent.

yeah... thats pretty much how it goes

Had a photo shoot today with a friend and her son,4yrs. He would NOT listen to direction! I have a 3 1/2 yr old and he does really well, but this boy wouldn't listen to anything me or his mom said. I felt like screaming! Feel like I don't have a single good pic of the boy. So disappointed. We're going to try again another day, hopefully it will be better. Just had to vent.

yes.. I have that problem with children occasionally... also pets... especially dogs! Makes you want to scream! lol!

yes.. I have that problem with children occasionally... also pets... especially dogs! Makes you want to scream! lol!

Dogs are no problem

Best advice I got from a well known wedding, portrait photographer, who has a chain and does tonnes of child photography is let the kid be a kid. Don't stress over getting them to listen. Take shots of them being naturally themselves. My 3 year is the exact same way. But if you get them being silly having fun chances are you will get one or two that will make mom happy and I bet she will love the sillier ones as well. Makes a great photo book. At least thats what I do with my 3 year old.

Cheese

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogs are no problem

you have never had a dog that refused to look at the camera... no matter what you tried? It doesn't happen often.. but it does happen. I work with some canine rescue groups and some of the dogs have been so abused, that it is difficult to get them to act normally once the camera comes out.. or the flash scares them badly. Sometimes the only way I can get a decent shot is from a distance with my long zoom... but the lighting isn't always the nicest.

Clickers and the squeakies that you put back in chewed up toys go a long way to making a dog look at you. Generally even if its that nano second even the most timid dogs will for a second.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back