Bunch of trees...

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm really not sure about these...
I tried saving this shot although the lighting was awfull. I edited it a lot and i have about 8 different versions... here're my favorite 2:
What d'you think?

walk14.jpg

...and more natural.
walk12.jpg

oh, and here's the original if some of you want to play with it. I just fixed the levels so it looks acceptable:

walk1.jpg

hey alex, i really like this shot - beautiful. i only wish there was a little bit more foreground. I love your original and conversions, but i thought i would play with it for a minute and this is what I came up with...

walk1_jthphoto.jpg

Jason, thanks a LOT for the edit, you're awesome! (btw, do you use Gimp?)

Annika, thank you for the sweet comments! And welcome to TPF, it's nice to have you aboard! :D

I kinda dig the first one, it's got sort of a sepia tone happening there. Nicely done.

The first is def my fav!

Looks like you had some tough conditions to work with? I like your first edit the best, but I also think it needs the extra fg. This is one of those times that a soft image can work better than a sharp one. But, that's just my opinion ;)

I like JTH's edit. So, I tried a couple different techniques just to give you more ideas. I tried to follow your basic edits. The first one is color, but with a softer feel and darker colors. The second is a little sharper, but with the added tint.

51652300-L.jpg

51652301-L.jpg

Jason, thanks a LOT for the edit, you're awesome! (btw, do you use Gimp?)

um, i don't think so, i'm not sure what gimp is? I used the gradient tool to darken the upper half and then converted to B&W, and adjusted brightness and contrast, cropped and resized, added borders and ran through neat image. ;)

JTHphoto said:
um, i don't think so, i'm not sure what gimp is? I used the gradient tool to darken the upper half and then converted to B&W, and adjusted brightness and contrast, cropped and resized, added borders and ran through neat image. ;)
Gimp is an other image processing software...
The thing is that i don't know how to make frames and borders with it...

And thanks for the edit! If some day i understand how any software works, i'll maybe be able to reproduce it :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back