Bunnies! Birds! Bison! its a wildlife bonanza!

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got to go shooting some wildlife with the wife yesterday, a rare occurrence, but we both had a lot of fun. Got my first hummingbird and saw a ton of wild bunnies.

This will be an image heavy post, but enjoy, and as always, C&C is always welcome.

1. Bunny #1
Bunny1_zpse5838008.jpg

2. female Allen's Hummingbird
allenshummingbird1_zpsd937d592.jpg

3. Bison
bison1_zpsd0821adf.jpg

4. Barn Swallow
barnswallow_zpsccf467ca.jpg

5. Great Horned Owl
GHO1_zps5aaa30af.jpg

6. RIF (Raven in Flight)
raveninflight_zps72d31bb4.jpg

7. Female Allen's Hummingbird #2 complete with plastic feeder
allenshummingbird2_zps546d8ebf.jpg

8. Baby Barn Swallow in nest
babybarnswallow_zpsb20bd9b6.jpg

9. Bunny #2
Bunny2_zps054ff3c9.jpg

all taken with a d800e + 300mm f2.8 + 1.7x TC...most of them were wide open at f4.8, shutter ranges from ~1/800 - 1/2500ish, ISO ranges from 100 through 2500, all handheld.

Nice day of shooting "Hoss"

They're all great, but the owl is my favorite by far! Here in CO, we have cottontails, bison and hummingbirds everywhere- I'm hoping to get similar results!

I like the two rabbit shots the most.

That owl came out awesome, that is definitely my favorite

cbarnard7 said:
They're all great, but the owl is my favorite by far! Here in CO, we have cottontails, bison and hummingbirds everywhere- I'm hoping to get similar results!

That owl came out awesome, that is definitely my favorite

Thanks! that owl could not have cared less that I was there. after I was waiting for him to look in my direction from inside the car, I got out of the car and walked as close as I was able to get (he was in the rafters of an open hay 'barn'). I was even trying to get him to look in my direction but he wouldn't even do that, in fact it was almost like he was going out of his way NOT to look in my direction...heh

I like the two rabbit shots the most.

Nice day of shooting "Hoss"

heh Thanks!

Last edited:
Great set. I like the hummingbird shots a lot. I've been trying for a while to get some decent hummingbird shots but they are just too fast and darty

Nice shots, rabbits are my fav, always have a soft spot for them

Great set. I like the hummingbird shots a lot. I've been trying for a while to get some decent hummingbird shots but they are just too fast and darty

Thanks, yeah hummingbirds are quick, and more unpredictable in their movement patterns than a typical bird. I was lucky the place we were at had a hummingbird feeder out and they had the female Allen's hummingbird, as well as a male coming and going from it, I was lucky to get what I did.

Nice shots, rabbits are my fav, always have a soft spot for them

Thanks, seeing as how rabbits are the official 'unofficial' animal of TPF, I had to try and get some shots of them heh

Most reactions

Back