Burning Man Music and Arts Festival '06

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Two weeks later I figured I had to post something. The photos were tough going to say the least. I found my self too absorbed by the city and it's inhabitants to be picking up a camera. These were shot with the Coolpix 5200. Next year I will bring the D200 and set a side a day for taking photos.

The festival is a 7 day event in Black Rock City, Nevada. A temporary city of 40,000 that literally leaves no trace. The terrain is one of the more scorching hot, remote deserts in the United States. Deemed an experimental community. There are no cell phones or money. Logos and street clothes are frowned upon. Basically all about being super creative and super beautiful. The days are filed with crafts and events. When the sun goes down... it's on! The highlights are the burning of the Man on Saturday and burning of the Temple on Sunday. The energy from thousands of people being creative and surviving on the playa is amazing. If you love the sun and getting your freak on I suggest you go.

Approach
approachnh4.jpg

Port of Entry Road
tomelgh0.jpg

Wyo Camp.
skullflagnf6.jpg

Hippie
hippie930pr6.jpg

Sculpture
sculpturerf5.jpg

Lotus!
dancerstp0.jpg

Kiwi
kiwith4.jpg

Our beloved Weep. Peace to the Gods!
weepmu9.jpg

It really looks like a surreal experience. I would totally love to go to this and hope I can someday. :thumbup:

Thanks for posting these, Craig! :)

craig said:
You would love it terri! Keep in mind that the photos barely scratch the surface of the city and festival.

Tickets go on sale near January.
Yeah, I get that feeling when looking at them. I really like your 'picture in a picture' shot called "Kiwi" - very cool!!

I think I'd love, it, too. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back