Burnt Woods C&C

edouble

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These pictures were taken on a rainy, foggy evening in woods that were burned during a relatively small forest fire. Thoughts?

4898256993_f75cdffffa_b.jpg

4898855456_94722f0fa8_b.jpg

4898287283_33600f6b3a_b.jpg

From the time he had gotten down off the train and the baggage man had thrown his pack out the open car door things had been different. Seney was burned, the country was burned over and changed, but it did not matter. It could not all be burned. He knew that. He hiked along the road, sweating in the sun, climbing to cross the range of hills that separated the railway from the pine plains.

If it makes me think of Hemmingway, it must be pretty good. Personally, I like the second one best, but would have rotated to the right to keep the OOF branch out of the frame.

More comments please! That bad? Too boring? Bad composure?

i like the gloomy ness of the first one

I like the 1st one a lot, the colors are great. The other ones not so much. :)

Thanks for the comments. I carried my camera through the fields in a trash bag while covering myself with an umbrella. Then used the umbrella to cover the camera while I got wet :lol:

Thanks for the comments. I carried my camera through the fields in a trash bag while covering myself with an umbrella. Then used the umbrella to cover the camera while I got wet :lol:

Heh. Been there done that.

lightningDSC_0142 by ben_long_hair, on Flickr

This shot was taken at about 11:45 one night in July last year. I was getting ready for bed and saw lightning to the west. I pulled up some radar and it looked like it was gonna go just south of me, which gives me a good view of the sky.

So I took my camera, put it on the tripod, threw a trashbag over it, threw my bathrobe on me and went out. It was just sprinkling a little, but as the storm approached, it really started to come down. I was soaked to the skin sitting there taking 30sec exposures. It was worth it though.

Heh. Been there done that.

This shot was taken at about 11:45 one night in July last year. I was getting ready for bed and saw lightning to the west. I pulled up some radar and it looked like it was gonna go just south of me, which gives me a good view of the sky.

So I took my camera, put it on the tripod, threw a trashbag over it, threw my bathrobe on me and went out. It was just sprinkling a little, but as the storm approached, it really started to come down. I was soaked to the skin sitting there taking 30sec exposures. It was worth it though.

Fun isn't it?!?!?! :cheers:

Last edited:
Fun isn't it?!?!?! :cheers:
Looking back at the raws, about two minutes prior to that cap, there was one that completely blew out about 1/3 of the frame. It struck almost exactly the same place as the one I posted, but it sent at least two streamers north of me (I'm looking almost directly south) maybe a mile. That was kinda scary.

I was really too close to this. I saw where it was striking the next morning, it was about a mile and a half away.

There are some cheeeeeep rain covers on ebay. I payed 20 and its worked like a charm over and over again. I really like 1. My grandparents had a farm and that pic reminded me of it! The colors are good too. The second one is good but a tad underexposed? 3 doesnt do much for me.

There are some cheeeeeep rain covers on ebay. I payed 20 and its worked like a charm over and over again. I really like 1. My grandparents had a farm and that pic reminded me of it! The colors are good too. The second one is good but a tad underexposed? 3 doesnt do much for me.

Maybe I will have to look into that!

Most reactions

Back