Bush or no bush? need your opinion

camz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
lol. So I just finished editing this series however I need your opinions on this particular one of the bush plant on the right bottom. Do you guys think it's distracting or does it work? I haven't tried cloning it out yet as my partner thinks it doesn't work however I think otherwise. Would love to know your opinions :thumbup:. BTW I'm cropping out the benches on the top left already FYI..

4591887965_3d4af5e2a5_o.jpg

Trust your partner. ;)

What is the blurred portion in the foreground???

Not enough bush....it kinda make it looks like an accident/mistake. Someone once said in reference to photography...."go big or go home" slight differences can be interpreted as mistakes. If there was a little bit more bush in the picture it would've worked better imo. But you still got a great picture of you clone it out....the blur in the foreground is quite distracting though.

Is it a ''gooseberry'' bush? ;)
I think no bush. I'm sorry but for me the blur has spoilt the image anyway.

Great advice everyone. So that blurry thing in the foreground is actualy a hand rail for the stairs. I was shooting down at the couple from two flights up and I wanted some depth perception so I included it.

Here were stairs I was shooting from in the background...Now that you guys mentioned it would've be nice if I shot some extras with a smaller aprature to widen the DOF and include some clarity on the foreground regarding the picture above.

4593940057_9719a9ba0a_b.jpg

I don't even notice the bush, my eyes are so drawn to the blurred handrail. I think it really detracts from her very pretty and detailed dress. I don't think cloning out the bush, with that blurred rail, will make a differences. But if you have any without the blurred handrail, then yes, clone it out and see what you think about it then!

I don't even notice the bush, my eyes are so drawn to the blurred handrail. I think it really detracts from her very pretty and detailed dress. I don't think cloning out the bush, with that blurred rail, will make a differences. But if you have any without the blurred handrail, then yes, clone it out and see what you think about it then!

Yeah you got a point. If the rail were clear would have it been better? My intention was for the rail line have the viewers eyes follow it towards the subject.

I guess I'm trying to figure out how else I might have made it to work next time...

Yeah you got a point. If the rail were clear would have it been better? My intention was for the rail line have the viewers eyes follow it towards the subject.

I guess I'm trying to figure out how else I might have made it to work next time...

It kind of chops the photo in half, and since the woman is on that line, it chops her in half as well. I think the ideal way, if you wanted the rail included, would be to position her so that it didn't run straight through her body line. Some distance between the couple and the rail would be good. But since you need to work with what you have, I'd just crop it in closer and try to exclude the rail altogether. The colors are gorgeous, their expression is timeless... you want to keep those elements for sure! Maybe if you zoom in, you can even clone out the remaining part of the rail?

i think taking the bush out would be best if possible.

Aight I think i'm going with no bush...lol. I'll try to post it when I get to do the edit

Thanks again everyone.

I like the second picture you've posted a lot more than the first. Nice image.

I posted the second one just to show the stairs in the background where I was shooting the first one since there were questions about the blurry object in the foreground.

But anyhow thanks. If I remember I'll post the whole series in here when I've finalized it.

I think you should just crop the entire half of the image off to get rid of the bush and rail together :S It'd actually be a really saveable shot, cropped smaller to get a 'waist up' angle of the couple.

Most reactions

Back