Business management

laptopalias

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

First off, hello, I'm brand new to this forum so apologies in advance if my post is in the wrong place or in some way subverts protocol.

I'm thinking about building an intranet or web-based application for managing all the aspects of my girlfriend's fledgling (digital) photography business - including contacts, quotations, commissions, invoices, licensing and ongoing rights management.

This undertaking is probably within my capability, but perhaps a little ambitious given my limited understanding of the complexities - particularly those associated with photo licensing.

Before I embark on this project, and to avoid reinventing the wheel, I'd just like to get a little more knowledge of the current state-of-the-art. For instance, what software/applications (if any), presently exist for managing all of this? How do you professionals manage your business and keep track of who has the right to use what?

Any and all thoughts/help greatly appreciated.

I think there is a existing software for managing contracts, model releases and the such. I think KMH might know what it is...

LOTS? I'd settle for just one!

tave and shootq

OK, I've come across shootq before but Tave and zenfolio were both new to me.

Do these products handle the issue of ongoing rights management. So, say a theatre has non-exclusive rights to use a collection of images (photographs of a performance, say) worldwide for PR purposes for the next 5 years; can these products keep track of that?

What if one of the performers (not themselves part of the theatre) wants to use some of those images in their portfolio? Technically, a new (but related) contract could (and should) be made directly between performer and photographer, with different licensing terms.

This is the kind of thing I think I'd want my application to keep track of.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back