ukreal1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pamelaoliveras.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi People,
I was wondering if you would able to help me decide on a business name...
These were the names I was thinking of, but I can't decide...

Pamela Oliveras Photography
web address pamelaoliverasphotography.com

Pamela Photography
web address pamelaphotography.com

People. Love. Life.
Photography by Pamela Oliveras
So web address will be peoplelovelife.com

The peoplelovelife, I have been using as my 'catch phase' on my pbase acct, etc for a few yrs...

Also I wanted to make my logo with an eye in the 'e' of my first name, or a sort of sunburst out of the 'O' in my last name, not that I know how to make a logo!
I am going to buy a template soon so I want to get the name sorted and I can't decide. I know a lot of people use their own name, but it doesn't sound right to me, maybe I just need to get used to it...Help! (please :eek:)):hail:

"Pamela Oliveras Photography" is a little long, and likely to be the victim of spelling mistakes. When choosing a domain name, you want one that is [reasonably] short, and that people will know how to spell just from hearing it.

"Pamela Photography" I see the problem with this being that people will naturally add an 'S', making it "Pamelas" vice the singular

"Peoplelovelife" is good but it doesn't really say 'photography', at least to me.

Could you get say "Pamelasphotography.net"? I'm not a big fan of that; what sort of photography do you intend to specialize in? That might help with suggesting domain names.

I would go with pamela oliveras photography - as I am certain there are already tons of pamela ____ photography. This would mean that you would have to compete hard to get your site up on search engines and get traffic. Why don't you just use pamelaoliveras.com ?

Just a thought

hmmm, I see everyone's points...
waht about Pamela O Photography?
pamelao.com?
No that looks too weird!!!
or
pamela-o.com?

My photography is on location, natural light, maternity, portrait, family, based in Okinawa, Japan
HERE'S my pbase so you can check it out...
and my FLICKR

Thanks
P

I'd stick to the .com tld. Also, I think just your name is the best domain: pamelaoliveras.com. I think oliverasphotography.com sounds pretty good too. I'd say pamelaoliverasphotography.com is just way too long. Maybe you should think about getting a domain name with something else than your name.

How about photographybypamela.com

imo, OliverasPhotography.com is the best combo... surnames usually work better than first names and also makes it less common.

As for your logo, if you have something specific in mind, get a graphic designer to custom build it if you can afford it. Most internet logo companies that look like the cheapest, just use templates and clip art to create a logo.

OK,
so I think I am going to go with
Pamela Oliveras Photography as the name and hopefully
pamelaoliveras.com for the address
and People. Love. Life. will still feature somewhere.
How does that sound?

As an aside, it's not really a good idea to bandy a potential web address you want to use on the internet - there's a good chance that you'll find you are leasing it of someone else at a mark-up by the time you make your decision.

Thanks guys for the heads up and I like that POP idea, wish I'd seen it earlier to thnk about, but my logo is pretty much done, please check it out and let me know what you think! Thanks for all the replies again :eek:)

Most reactions

Back