Business Portrait Photo

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday I took some business photos for Ben who is being featured in an upcoming brochure for by his company. These were a couple of his favorites. I am having trouble with his face skin tone. It seems to be washed out and lacking detail in my opinion. I'm not sure if its just me and not sure what i could have done to make this shoot better. C&C welcome

05140027-w.jpg

05140036-w.jpg

i agree. I tried to get him to relax but he was in a hurry to get to a conference call. Talk about squeezing me in for a shoot. You should have seen the other poses he asked me to take with his arms crossed. Really he looked the most relaxed in these two.

This is a first for me but when Ben smiles his eyes seem to shut a little. There were several photos from the shoot where his eyes looked closed.

I have the same problem when taking photos of my husband. When he smiles, his eyes all but disappear. If anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them!

I like the 3rd picture the best. It makes him look powerful. :)

the squinting is a problem and also the "tense" look isnt to great either. but i guess if you were squeezed in then you did the most you could with what you had. i think the first one is the best because you dont have any "white" spots on his suit from the sun.

the spots from the sun really bother me too. I wasn't sure if photoshopping them out would be better. These photos were taken in his front yard by the garage.

Wildmaven: I'm glad I am not the only one who has this problem with the eyes. His eyes were not squinty until he smiled for the photos.

I am having trouble with his face skin tone. It seems to be washed out and lacking detail in my opinion. I'm not sure if its just me and not sure what i could have done to make this shoot better. C&C welcome

The first thing I noticed in these is the skin tone. It's very pink at least on my monitor but I just recently calibrated it.

I think you need a much more shallow depth of field here to blur out the BG. In the ones you have posted, he has leaves, stems and greenery growing from his head. Give him a little more distance from the BG if he's set on having it behind him and shoot w/ a larger aperture.

Also, the camera height looks a little low to me, about chest height. The pose looks a little feminie as well due to the head tilt and the camera angle in the first 2.

Just my .02 though

thanks for the feedback JohnBoy :) I am working on getting a new lens so I can have a shallower depth of field. One I have now is not so good. Also, this photo was taken in his drive way. Because of the slant should I have gotten on a step stool or something so I was at a higher level? It may sound like a stupid question but I really would like to know. He was quiet a bit taller than I am and the slope of the driveway added to the height in my opinion.

Business portraits are best from a slightly lower angle, as another poster put he looks powerful/dominant so no crit here on that front but he does look too pink, dial in a couple of green and some yellow to warm him up a bit. H
05140027-w.jpg

Most reactions

Back