Butterflies *funky green*

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I made these shots in the butterfly garden of Amsterdam Zoo. For these shots i placed the flash under the leaf where the subject was sitting on. So i got this funky green belly light.
Artis432.jpg

Artis433.jpg

Artis434.jpg

Artis435.jpg

#6 Close up of a wing, which was actually black and white.
Artis436.jpg

There are some more threads i made with more shots of this day. Here are the links:

Butterwings
Butterflies *funky lighting*
Butterflies *the regular shots*
Some insect stuff

I processed about 60 shots, but they arent all in these threads. For the rest of the pics you can go to www.daanschouwe.nl

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Last edited:
Those are really nice and I love the effect. However, I need to come back later and view them cause the contrast of bright green to black didn't help my headache any....lol. I always love your stuff though.

Those are really nice and I love the effect. However, I need to come back later and view them cause the contrast of bright green to black didn't help my headache any....lol. I always love your stuff though.
yeah, its not something you wanna look at too long when having an headache. Hope the ache is gone now. Thanks for the reply :)
I really like the first one.
Cheers :)

You were kind enough to first post these AFTER my headaches were over ;) ... but then they are GREEN, and how could any GREEN photo make headaches for me go worse, I wonder, especially if the GREEN comes from the leaves of GREEN plants! What a clever idea. (Now I even more seriously want a remote mount for my flash so I can use it further away from right-on-top-of-the-camera!)

The idea came from another shot i made that day. I was shooting a cocoon and accidently had my flash behind a leave. When i looked at it, it looked like someting i could repeat. It was all very grean, but i liked it.
Thanks for the replies, really appriciate it :D

I looked at all your links and all I can say is....your photos are awesome, as always :)

what a great idea and effect, i love the first and third one the most but they all work really well :)

Very nice! But I have come to expect as much from you.

-Shea
cheers :)
I havent used that word in a while....great word though :lol:
Thanks Jean
I looked at all your links and all I can say is....your photos are awesome, as always :)
Thank you very much :)
what a great idea and effect, i love the first and third one the most but they all work really well :)
It wasnt really an idea, it started out as an accident. But i allready said that.
Anyways, thanks for the nice reply :)

Most reactions

Back