Butterflies *lotsa pics*

i love this lens.
The lens i use is a Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG Macro.

Thats fantastic, I was already considering making this my next lens, now I know for sure. :thumbup:

Can't stop looking at the pics, I'd frame 12!

FANTASTIC Shots!!!!

I need to experiment with my macro more, but butterflies?! They take forever to settle down! I never knew until I tried to get one. On there side, the make flight look effortless and very peaceful.

2 & 3 are my favourites !
nice job man !

Thanks for the nice replies everyone, really appreciate it :D
Wozza: I also use the Speedlite 430EX with a diffuser on it, for some light. Really helps to get the colors out. But i really love that lens. Great for aquarium shots too.
TATTRAT: In the wild butterflies are really hard to approach. But one thing to remember is when they get scared away, they fly around a bit and land on almost the same spot again. So you just need some patience. But these butterflies were in a Butterfly garden and probably are used to all the people walking around. You can get pretty close.

Hello Daan,

I need to visit to zoo once too! Really like #4, 9, 13, 14. Great colors and composition.

Going to check your website too! ;)

see ya,

Roger

And you should go to a zoo, great stuff to photograph there. Even if your not into animals, there are heaps of people walking around :)

Most reactions

Back