Butterflies

spang1mw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was able to go and take some shots of butterflies today a nice change from all the snow lately! C&C always welcome.

1. $8578226195_be911f5991_b.jpg

2. $8578231665_c166e2f2da_b.jpg

3. $8579326544_b673be9b0a_b.jpg

I like the lighting and pose of the first one, best but think the focus point was there and thus it missed the head too much. Like the second one the best for focus on the flutterby, but do wish for a bit more leaf in the foreground..and only a little more. Third one seems a little blown out in the highlights. I've shot that last guy a gazillion times and never tire of him.

Nice shots. I like the second one the best - in the first one, too much is hidden by the leaf and in the third one, part of the leaf appears to be blown out.

WesternGuy

wow, amazing shots! Such beautiful colors & details...very nice!

I like the lighting and pose of the first one, best but think the focus point was there and thus it missed the head too much. Like the second one the best for focus on the flutterby, but do wish for a bit more leaf in the foreground..and only a little more. Third one seems a little blown out in the highlights. I've shot that last guy a gazillion times and never tire of him.

Thanks for the comments! I agree with what you are saying I'm excited to go back and try to fix some of the issues I had the first go around which you pointed out.

Nice shots. I like the second one the best - in the first one, too much is hidden by the leaf and in the third one, part of the leaf appears to be blown out.

WesternGuy

Thanks for the comments! The highlights one the first and third are what bothered me too about the shots.

wow, amazing shots! Such beautiful colors & details...very nice!

Thank you for taking the time to look!

Nice work. Second is my favourite - colours are nice and exposure is spot on.

Thank you! That one is my favorite out of the set.

If you don't mind sharing, what lens were you using, 50 or a zoom, and at what aperture? I have been having problems deciding and getting the depth of field correct when I shoot up close on stuff. I really like #2, the leaf looks fully in focus. If I did this, all the leaves would be blurred.

If you don't mind sharing, what lens were you using, 50 or a zoom, and at what aperture? I have been having problems deciding and getting the depth of field correct when I shoot up close on stuff. I really like #2, the leaf looks fully in focus. If I did this, all the leaves would be blurred.

Sure no problem! :) For this shot I used a 55-200 at 200mm and f6.3

Most reactions

New Topics

Back