Butterflies

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to the park again and started shooting some butterflies. Its pretty easy when you watch the butterflies react when you move to close. Cause when you move in to close they fly away and land again in almost the same spot. So you just sit and wait...........and sometimes wait even longer. Only do this at the end of the day, when there are few spots on which sunlight still shines. Think they use the last rays to warm up for the night or something. Hope this little tip helps for you fellow photogs :)
Anyways, here are some pics:
Park008.jpg

Park009.jpg

Park010.jpg

Park011.jpg

Park012.jpg

Park013.jpg

Park014.jpg

Park015.jpg

Park016.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

These are amazing! I tried to capture some butterflies a while back but it seemed impossible to get close enough!
What kind of lens are you using for these kind of shots?

My favourites are 4, 7,8 and 9! I love the colours and detail and your use of DOF!

nice shots daan, i love number 8... :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies :D
These were shoot with my Tamron 70 - 300 1:2 macro lens. MOst of them are shot at F13. Sometimes i could get really close to the butterflies. As close as 50cm. Got some full frame butterfly pics :)

You lucky one, you!
Full frame butterfly close-ups.
I try as I might and don't get any, and you come here and just present a handful of good butterfly macros. I am so green with envy now.

I might think about showing you my random garden pics from when I was too bored by just lying in the recliner and what little "creepy crawlies"-pics I got, too... maybe ...

awesome photos! I've never seen such butterflies!

Very cool!! I think 8 is my favorite,although I really like them all!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back