BUYING A CAMERA

Angel Christianson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone im new my name is Angel and I take TONS of pictures, I travel around a lot and ride horses and take pictures of wildlife, also im planning to volunteer to go to Fiji for marine conservation and I really want to get a new camera.

I would prefer something semi professional, water proof, and takes videos. My price range is around 1000 but I would be willing to pay up to 2000 for a great camera. Please give me your opinions on the camera that will work for me! many of the things I take photos of are moving and my old camera just doesn't capture them well.

Hey everyone im new my name is Angel and I take TONS of pictures, I travel around a lot and ride horses and take pictures of wildlife, also im planning to volunteer to go to Fiji for marine conservation and I really want to get a new camera.

I would prefer something semi professional, water proof, and takes videos. My price range is around 1000 but I would be willing to pay up to 2000 for a great camera. Please give me your opinions on the camera that will work for me! many of the things I take photos of are moving and my old camera just doesn't capture them well.

Ok, some high end cameras are "weather resistant" meaning they can get a little rained on or a splash or two, but they are not "water proof" so it's not a good idea to submerge them in water. They do make underwater housings for certain cameras but of course the housings are very, very expensive.

So my question for you would be, what would you consider more important, image quality or shooting speed? Also do you consider still images or video to be more important?

Ok, some high end cameras are "weather resistant" meaning they can get a little rained on or a splash or two, but they are not "water proof" so it's not a good idea to submerge them in water. They do make underwater housings for certain cameras but of course the housings are very, very expensive.

So my question for you would be, what would you consider more important, image quality or shooting speed? Also do you consider still images or video to be more important?
I guess I would consider image quality more important half the photos I take with my other camera are blury. also I take more still photos then I do videos but would also like a video option.

Get a point and shoot that can be submerged underwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I would consider image quality more important half the photos I take with my other camera are blury. also I take more still photos then I do videos but would also like a video option.

Well most DSLR's will do video, they aren't as good as say a high end video camera at it but they do a pretty respectable job.

As far as image quality and a great all around camera with weather sealing, personally I think your best bang for your buck is the Nikon D7100.

can i use my phone camera for professional clicks ? or it hampers the quality.. thanks in advance for suggestion..

The Panasonic FZ1000 is good at stills and video. It's fast and can take 4K video. This is interesting because you can take 8 mp frames out of the video, wich is good for moving subjects. Has also a 12 fps burst mode.
Rudi

Most reactions

New Topics

Back