Buying A Camera

Save your money and wait till you have enough for a Digital SLR.

Seriously. You'll out grow any other camera very quickly and then be p!ssed you didn't get a DSLR.

It's not that he would NEED an slr. But anyone who's this into Photography (ie. posting on a photography message board, looking for the the camera with the best options, and already saying he would buy an SLR if he had the money), is just gonna want an SLR later anyway. Why spend that much now on something you're gonna wanna upgrade anyway. Save the money and get what you REALLY want later.

I just spent 2 years waiting for the time I could get a DSLR. You can get used DSLR's for $500 now. Go get a used one if you're low on cash (that's what I did).

Just my 2 cents....
I used a Minolta Maxxum 3xI (Film 35mm) for several years before switching to digital. I bought a Nikon Coolpix 4300. The picture quality was beautiful, but the response time was slow and I didn't have the control I wanted. I actually got to the point where I wasn't shooting very often at all. I recently switched to the DSLR and really - REALLY love it. Did I say I loved it?

Anyway - I agree that you would be happier with an SLR - either film or digital, but SLR instead of point and shoot.

Most reactions

Back