Buying a Car. It's Frustrating

Also don't forget that coverage is seen as a single plan as a whole rather than per individual... meaning the individual will impact the insurance of everyone and all cars on the policy not just the one car and individual that is considered the primary driver.

I can't afford the $409......................A MONTH it would cost me if it were only on my insurance. That quote is from Allstate with a $500 deductable and MINIMUMs on everything.

I just couldn't do that

~Michael~

understood.. and its a moot point now...

but I think Kundalini and I were stating that if there were no leans on the car, then you would only be required to carry liability. As I said... buying a car with cash (or have parent's lend money) enables you to carry liability only and avoid the expensive collision coverage.

understood.. and its a moot point now...

but I think Kundalini and I were stating that if there were no leans on the car, then you would only be required to carry liability. As I said... buying a car with cash (or have parent's lend money) enables you to carry liability only and avoid the expensive collision coverage.

I wish I could have afforded to pay it with cash, but that's not happening.

~Michael~

Well, it's alright. I do not drink. I never have and never will. I don't party either. I'm right at home taking pictures, editing them or just on the computer or making myself busy. She know I'm not like that. If I were to get into a wreck, it would be an accident, but from driving drunk or anything.

Anyways, legally the car will be my moms, but I will be paying the insurance payments and every car payment. That's the thing about the loan is getting it first.

Also, the car will definately have full coverage on it. I had liability on my truck, simply because it's a 1992, but this 02 Honda will have full coverage. I guess legally what could happen.

Thanks for your replies though

~Michael~
What wont they co-sign for you to get a loan? It doesnt matter where you get the loan for the car you can get tags in NC for it but, it will show the loan holder as the primary owner. But if I remember right NC will charge you a tax on the vehicle to register it. That state was one of the worst I lived in for charging you to get a vehicle on the road.

he drives an old honda civic, but won't admit it!!:lmao: He calls it a Triumph hehe

Oi, cheeky git. I was talking about this one.
076c1f7d.jpg

Needs a new front valance.

I wish I could have afforded to pay it with cash, but that's not happening.

~Michael~

Saving? Buying cheaper? Borrowing from friends/family... anything to avoid collision (and hopefully avoid interest on loan). The way I see it (I don't have the all the figures) any savings on gas is lost in interest and insurance.

Anyway... enjoy the new car. I know it is thrilling to make such purchases. I still have my first car purchased on my own when I was entering college (93 Jeep YJ) as well as the two cars I purchased afterwards over the years (97 Miata, 04 SRT-4 which is my commuter). I know I don't need them (just like I don't need to collect cameras) but I just can't get myself to let go. In fact, I kinda wish I still had that 1974 plymouth duster beater my father got me as my first car....

That's cool.... wish we had cars like that here in the US (even new, the selection is better over seas). Most of what is available in the US are big sedans or SUV/trucks. What's with the stickers though?

The closest to the "common man's" sports car convertible we have is the Mazda Miata/MX-5 which has been around sine 89 and still selling today (albeit over priced now). My 97 Miata gets about 36mpg if I don't romp on the gas:

http://miata.cardomain.com/ride/223248

You did have these in the US. Sort of. Not so much Heralds but you had Spitfires, GT6's and TR's. America was the largest export for Triumph and they sold more cars there than here. Most were de-tuned badly though to get around your laws. You're also the reason for the big black and horrible bumpers fitted to loads of cars.

When they designed the TR7 they called it a FHC (fixed head coupe) becasue they feared America were about to bring in laws banning convertibles. So they played to their biggest market... Later on when they knew it wouldn't happen they produced a drop head called the DHC (drop head coupe).

076c1f7d.jpg

Face facts Ferny, you drive the Noddymobile

noddy.jpg

Just went through all my bank statement from July 2007 till now, and I have spent $3,165.81 on gas since then. That breaks down to about $200 a month.

I was just a little bit bored and was really curious as to what I spend a month and it was that. I hope it will be alot less. I'm really easy on the gas as far as starting out smoothly from a stoplight and coasting. I thik I could get 30 if I pushed it

~Michael~

Was the Dakota payed off? If so.. You need to factor in the price of the new car along with the gas its going to cost you.

My truck was paid off. I only paid $1,700 cash for it. Not too bad.

I didn't even think about this. I'm strictly through my mom and getting a 9% interest rate for 3 years.

~Michael~

Most reactions

New Topics

Back