Buying Digital Prints

AquaCan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy your prints (digital pics)?
I have searched around and dont know what place will give the best quality for price, and has good shipping and cutomer service
It can be online sources or stores doesnt matter
I live in ontario canada if that matters?
thanks

What exactly are the types of digital prints you want? More consumer level, or professional?

There are things like digital Lightjet prints which are rather costly but offer extremely high-resolution printing. Then there are Chromira prints. Many companies print on Fuji Crystal Archive, which I think you should consider.

laslight.com and West Cost Imaging offer Chromira prints on archival polyester-based "Fujiflex" paper, which is similar to Ilfo(Ciba)chrome paper in terms of a super-high gloss surface and high color saturation.

I have a couple side-questions that I would like to add in here: what kind of quality, relative I guess to professional top-quality printing, could be expected from something like a minilab machine in my local camera shop? Is that good quality, or is it low compared to what can be bought elsewhere? I recently got some 10x17 prints from a Ritz Camera which were something like $10 a print. They were nice, but darn expensive. I've seen prints from Kinko's stores at 11x14 that cost like $3-4 a print IIRC, and they weren't too bad. Is somewhere that specializes in professional printing going to be that much better than a minilab machine? For professional high-quality prints, what might be an approx. price range? Thanks for any tips with these. Sorry I sound kind of needy with all these questions. I guess I'm also kind of hijacking this thread a little here, but I didn't think it would be right to start a new thread when a similar one already exists. I'm interested in getting prints of some images I have taken, but I'm not sure if it's really worth getting nicer prints from somewhere else or just heading to the Ritz Camera 1 block from my house or going to a Kinko's and getting cheap prints. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back