buying film

TMAX is just one of those films that in my experience takes too much toying around with in development to get a great neg. I always thought that was totally backwards.

I can shoot a roll of Neopan 400 and sent it off to some local lab to be developed in boiling tmax developer and it still comes out looking great.

For the record, I've only tried TMAX film in tmax, hc-110, and rodinal. Still hate it.

What a horrible film choice for beginners. Why do photo 101 teachers insist on Tmax 400?

actually, it isn't the beginner's class, which is even more frustrating!! it's the second class-- intermediate. :irked:

i guess i'll just suck it up and buy a few rolls of 36exp (since i can't find a bulk pack of rolls), for the first assignment, then have my instructor teach me how to roll film from the 100ft. :spank: ..which im sure isn't very complicated...

Too bad you just missed the clearance sale on Tmax, I picked up about 30 rolls of the 400 and 100 for $1 for expired and $2 for in date rolls from Meijers, but they were 24exp not 36.

Since I have some much of it, im learning to like Tmx and Tmy, I prefer HP5 to everything ive tried so far, but im still new to the game to settle on what I like and dont like yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back