Buying lenses... need advice...

kyazh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
the p200 is a great point and shoot, but i wouldnt suggest putting the extra money into the adapter, lenses, and filters. i got it for my p200, and didnt really get the flexability out f it that i wanted. it becomes bulky and clumsy. plus with the resolution on the camera, you can just as easliy digitally crop and zoom to the same point that the telephoto adapter would get you.
id suggest going for a different camera if thats a route youre interested in going. sony has a few great prosumer cameras on the market (F,H,and R series). if you want to keep it affordable, id suggest the sony H1. i went the same route as you. i had 4 cybershots before i decided i wanted the extra zoom lenses and stuff, so i got a H1, got all the lenses and filters for it
and soon there after, decided i wanted to upgrade. now my H1 sits in the box on the shelf, and hasnt been used since i got my SLR's.

The only thing I find cool about these and usefull is the wideangle lense, and the filters are pretty neat to. I dont really need any zooming. I will upgrade to somthing more pro(SLR) in the future (Dec 07), but for now, I want some more flexibility with this camerya and I only have $100 bucks or so to spend. I was just wondering if this fisheye lense and filters are worth what I'm paying.

i got all the lenses and filters that you could get with the p200, even the waterhousing, and other accessories. i foundnone of them to be as effective as i had hoped, and in the end, not worth the money, as i sold them all with the camera and didnt even come close to breaking even.

Oh really, I guess I'll just shovel that money into the new camera fund. Thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back