Buying news lens online?

I noticed your signature and the Tamaron lens, i took a look and that actually looks to be a nice lens, how do you like it ? Nice price as well.

I noticed your signature and the Tamaron lens, i took a look and that actually looks to be a nice lens, how do you like it ? Nice price as well.

I love mine, I have the older version without the built in lens motor. My one worry when I got it was that the AF might not be fast enough compared to the newer versions, but as it turns out it was an unnecessary concern. I can't tell any difference in AF speed between it and the newer lenses with the built in motors. I paid just a little over $100 for it used on Ebay, it's been a first rate lens and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thats kind of what I'm after, right now I'm looking at lens made for full frame sensors understanding the difference but dont mind i could carry it over but for the price something like that Tamron even if limited to the cropped body would probably do me well.

Thats kind of what I'm after, right now I'm looking at lens made for full frame sensors understanding the difference but dont mind i could carry it over but for the price something like that Tamron even if limited to the cropped body would probably do me well.

That was the one drawback I saw with this particular lens, if I ever do upgrade to full frame - but I managed to snag a sweetheart deal on one and I figured if I ever do go up to full frame I will most likely be keeping my 7100 anyway, or if I do decide to sell it they sell better if they have a lens included so I'll bundle that lens with the 7100.

I probably won't be upgrading to full frame anytime soon though, I had wanted to but it just isn't in the budget in the foreseeable future. Real life can be a drag sometimes.. lol.

And thats just it, I'd love a full frame, but i dont have any real problems with my D7100, it works well and I'm just doing it as a hobby at the time so do i really need to spend the cash on the new body ? Eh probably not really. If we were talking $850 vs $1100 yea I'd probably swing for the full frame but at a $500 price point man you cant really beat the specs i feel like.

And thats just it, I'd love a full frame, but i dont have any real problems with my D7100, it works well and I'm just doing it as a hobby at the time so do i really need to spend the cash on the new body ? Eh probably not really. If we were talking $850 vs $1100 yea I'd probably swing for the full frame but at a $500 price point man you cant really beat the specs i feel like.

Pretty much where I'm at really, I can get decent shots at 2.8 and a higher ISO with the 7100, sure I've got to do some noise reduction here and there and I'm sure full frame would rock for this, but considering what I'd have to spend on another body and how often I really need that better lowlight, eh, really hard to justify for an amateur shutter bug like me.

and so on the 17 end i assume it shoots a little wide correct ? I love the flexibility i see on the full frame body using a 24-70 being able to come out a little wide or have the choice to still zoom in a little i think itd cover me perfectly.

and so on the 17 end i assume it shoots a little wide correct ? I love the flexibility i see on the full frame body using a 24-70 being able to come out a little wide or have the choice to still zoom in a little i think itd cover me perfectly.

Wide I guess is in the eye of the beholder - I find it wide enough on a crop sensor at 17 for my needs, I guess some folks prefer an even wider angle still but I've never seen a need for it myself.

I just dont like super wide shots, but in looking now the price you can have cropped lens at compared to fx is quite significant, just as you did i see the Tamron on ebay for quite an affordable price and it would probably do most of what i want and if not i can budget towards a nice lens for the other needs if i want to.

The B&H lawsuit does give me pause, but know that Amazon is a pretty awful place to work, too. A small shop like Midwest Photo Supply, or your local retailer, is more likely to treat their employees well.

Most reactions

Back