Buying Options with different lenses DX going to FX

Hey Pat take it easy man, don't chop my head off :), i was regarding to it like that just to emphasize 'the top of the line' lenses. its not healthy to get mad about little things like these, save it for the real problems in life ;).

Hey, I understand what you are saying and I just want to say that I didn't mean to come across as begin sanctimonious, fanatical preacher. I was simply trying to point out the sensitivity to this with regards a large segment of the population. I was not mad and I'm not on a soapbox, and you are absolutely correct in saying to conserve the energy for some much more serious issues in our daily lives.

As for the lenses, a 28-300 backup by a 50 1.8 prime would be a pretty nice set giving you both versatility and capability. Neither are top tier lenses but as Derrel alludes to, how many of us really need that level of performance on a daily basis. The money saved could fund a fantastic photo vacation or even a totally different other hobby, or even an upgrade to your wife's kitchen cabinets.

Pat

Hey there, on second thought, wouldn't the 28-300 be too heavy for daily travel? do you have any problems traveling with it, i'm 6"6 with a blackrapid strap so some weight doesn't bother me (800grams 28-300), though, I'm used too my 35mm 1.8G which is 250 grams, i dought i will have any weight issues with a blackrapid strap...what do you think?

Most reactions

Back