buying used camera

ThomasTran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, i would love some advice.
I'm shooting with a t1i right now and looking to upgrade to a 5d mark II.

I found a canon 5d mark II on craigslist for $2300 body only. I was told it was 2 years old but with only 11k shutter actuations and looks like new.

should i buy used or buy one new for $2700-$3000?

$2300 is way too much for a two year old camera that sells new for $2700.

Ok.

First. Canon's warranty is only for the original owner, so unless the owner bought an aftermarket, transferrable extended warranty, the used camera doesn't have any warranty.

Though shown as temporarily unavailable B&H Photo Video, IMO the best photography gear store on the planet, shows a price of $2499.95 for a brand new Canon 5D MKII. Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digital Camera (Body Only) 2764B003 B&H

So, $2300 for a 2 year old body with only 11,000 clicks sounds a bit pricey to me, by at least $300. However, the availablity of new 5D MKII's may be an issue, whereby the law of supply and demand applies.

If new ones are not available and won't be for the forseeable future, the market value of used ones goes up.

OKay, i've decided to buy it use because of the whole japan disaster and bestbuy is selling it for $2899 plus tax. If anyone else have any advice, please let me know asap. I'm spending my whole savings account on this camera and want to make sure i'm not making a mistake.

thank you

Buy the new one. You will, otherwise, be taking a lot on trust.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back