Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can you find him?

Bussard.jpg

This is just so you can laugh at my "abilities" to photography wild birds of prey... erm... compare my laughable attempts with what Canoncan calls "not his best", while this is my only one and therefore must be my best :oops:

I did not crop the print once it was scanned, so you can see what I get into the frame even at the 300mm zoom lens extended to its max!

And what we get to see here most are not hawks but buzzards.

Just to add to your pleasure (or not?) my two crow-photos, first two the frames as they were in the print, last two crops (also to get rid of the nasty specs that my scanner produces on each and every scan now, always in the same place and not to be cleaned at all :grumpy: )

Krhe1.jpg

Krhe2.jpg

Crop out of first:
Krhe1_crop.jpg

Crop out of second:
Krhe2_crop.jpg

Taken with my sister's tele-zoom lens, a Tamron so-and-so 28-200mm lens that was giving her trouble, so she exchanged it, and I may test it now to see whether my SLR-problems are camera or lens related (they are lens related and my zoom lens is defective). I focus manually now and don't encounter the problems that my sister used to have when using it in the autofocus mode.

You crack me up, LaFoto. :lol:

Of course I can see the buzzard! A good zoom and a tripod would have been your best friend here. But at least you get to see these critters like this - I'm jealous. ;)

I must agree you always make me smile. I too spotted the fella perched with the thought I am going to fly close to Corrina to test out her focusing abilities. I am sure that is what they are thinking.

Canoncan said:
..."I am going to fly close to Corrina to test out her focusing abilities"...

He may have thought so, yes.

But my Sigma 70-300mm lens does not give me any better focus at that length. It may have been better when it was new. But at the time I took this photo, it was already damaged, which is why I no longer use it these days, but use my sister's Tamron 28-200mm lens which which I took the crow pics. So for quite a while I'll have to make do with these results. (With my nice, only 10 month old, flat screen about which I was so happy and proud, already dead AND my wishing for a DSLR for Christmas, my "inbuilt Father Christmas" has already said "I don't know what I can do... DSLR AND new flat screen is a bit much..." ... so asking for a new telephoto lens would be a tad immodest, I fear).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back